COMM 317 Professional Communication
The study and practice of communication theories, concepts, and skills as they apply to business and professional settings including interpersonal and group dynamics, written communication, business and professional presentations and meeting management skills. Lecture: 3 hrs/wk. 1 Unit
- COMM-101 Must be taken prior to taking this course.
- COMM-220, COMM-250 is strongly recommended. Must be taken prior to taking this course.
|E||N. Martinez-Carrillo||M 5:45PM-8:45PM|
COMM 354 Rhetorical Theory & Criticism
In this course students will think, analyze, and write carefully about public messages that influence our experience, professions, lives and cultures. This course will explore the possibilities and difficulties of forming, using, and evaluating messages that individuals or groups use to influence or change a large public audience. (1) Lecture: 3hrs/wk. 1 Unit
- COMM-254. Must be taken prior to taking this course.
- COMM-250 Must be taken prior to taking this course.
|A||N. Martinez-Carrillo||M/W/F 9:40AM-10:40AM|
COMM 360 St. in Intercultural Comm.
An examination of major issues related t o intercultural and cross-cultural commu nication. The course will explore those communication issues in particular cultu res both within and beyond the United St ates. Lecture: 3 hrs/wk. 1 Unit
- COMM-250; COMM-260 is strongly recommended Must be taken prior to taking this course.
|A||N. Martinez-Carrillo||M/W/F 10:50AM-11:50AM|