Ms. Iris Myers
Language Resource Center DirectorCourses
- B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies at the National University San Diego, California.
- M.S. in Instructional Technology and Media Management in education at Potsdam College of the State University of New York Potsdam, New York.
Research & Teaching Interests
Teaching foreign language with an emphasis on learning disability challenges. I work closely with students with special needs in order to build confidence and study skills in the Spanish language.
As director of the Language Resource Center at Roanoke College, I actively pursue breaking edge technology and teaching methods to bring into the classroom as learning enrichment. I maintain a staff of student assistants, preparing them with interpersonal, customer service, and professional skill development.
- Mid-Atlantic Association for Language Learning Technology (MAALLT) conference coordinator
- Roanoke College Language Resource Center Director
- Roanoke College Elementary Spanish Coordinator
- Foreign Language Placement Tool and Competency Test Coordinator
- Organize RC Foreign Language Department technology workshops
- Roanoke County Advanced Placement Test Administrator for languages.
Aerobic exercises, yoga, Tai Chi, reading health/nutrition or nonfiction, microbiotics and raw cooking, outdoor activities, gardening, feng shui home design, furniture refurbishing, and much more!